Twitch Game Client Setup
- Install the latest version of Java 8 from Oracle
- Install Twitch Desktop App
- Login with your twitch account
- At the top right go to Settings -> Minecraft
- Choose to use the JAR launcher and specify the java version to be the latest one you just installed.
- Adjust the memory settings to about 6GB to ensure the game loads. Note that you should only set it as high as it needs to load as more ram = longer pauses when Java runs garbage collection.
- Adjust the launcher args to be
-XX:+UseG1GC -Xmx4G -Xms4G -Dsun.rmi.dgc.server.gcInterval=2147483646 -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:G1NewSizePercent=20 -XX:G1ReservePercent=20 -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=50 -XX:G1HeapRegionSize=32M -XX:+UseStringDeduplication
We're currently playing through the Age of Engineering modpack.
- Open the Twitch desktop client
- Click on the mods tab
- Click on browse all
- Search for Age of Engineering and install.
- Click Play!
- Join us on Discord to get the server connection details!